Gabby the Snooper
Matt and I have been hiding Christmas presents under our bed to keep the kids from playing with them and to keep their presents a surprise. This morning Gabby announces that she's found some toys under our bed and she wanted to know if she could play with them. Now I was a pretty good snooper in my day but I don't recall ever gloating about my victories. I had to lie to her and tell her the presents were for someone else and then she cried because she thought that meant she didn't have any presents at all. I assured her that her presents were hiding somewhere else and she immediately headed off to my room to look for them. I guess I'm going to have to wrap the presents before she finds them all and has no surprises left.

1 Comments:
If you plant yellow seed, you get yellow corn.......
I'm pretty impressed - a 3 year old snoop. I'm not sure you started until you got into grade school at least. When I was about Gabby's age, I found a box with a set of dolly twins in the back seat of our car under a blanket. My parent's response was pretty much the same as yours. I remembering feeling like some other little girl was going to get these great dolls (that I had asked for). I'd suggest hiding them in the furnace room in a cardboard box with jeans piled on top of them.
Post a Comment
<< Home