Monday, June 30, 2008

Daddy Counter-Downers

Matt left for a 12 day TDY this morning. Both Gabrielle and Colin were asking when Daddy was going to come home while I was making supper tonight. I tried to explain that Daddy was on tour, etc., but it wasn't quite working. Then I experienced an epiphany.


Remember in elementary school when you'd make the Christmas count down thing made out of construction paper? I remember it having a bell on top with a 24 link strand of construction paper chain. Then you'd tear one link off every night and once you'd torn of the 24th link then Santa would come that night.


So I made Daddy counter-downers for the kids. They have 12 links on them instead of 24 and they have a house on top instead of a bell. Regardless, they were a hit. The kids helped with the glue stick and choosing the color pattern of the links. We tore the first link off tonight before bed and hung the houses on the fridge. I'm not sure if they'll make it all 12 days...especially Colin's...but we'll give it a shot.


Here's a picture of the kids with their houses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home