Back to blogging season
Well, it's been almost 3 months since I last blogged. I think there is a definite blogging season since many of the blogs I read have also been dormant for a while (egh, egh). I think that at the end of the summer the last thing that anyone wants to be doing is sitting inside staring at a computer. So we all abandon our blogs for a few months so that we can squeeze the last bit of outdoor activity out of the fall before the cold weather comes along. Cold weather arrived in Nebraska today...thus the blog entry.
We've been pretty busy this fall. My new job is awesome. It took a while to adjust to traveling to 3 schools each day, but now that I'm used to it I really like it. It's nice to have a little break between each set of classes even if it is spent in the car.
The kids are doing really well. They've both been working on developing their vocabulary and Colin has started talking in full sentences lately. Gabby always has something interesting to say and has no qualms about ordering her parents around the house. We're still working on manners. Colin is working on potty training. He'll go all day without an accident as long as you watch him very carefully and put him on the potty every hour or so. Gabby was so much better about telling us when she needed to go but I guess that's the difference between boys and girls.
Matt just finished up a big project at work a couple of weeks ago and is busy working on papers for graduate school. He'll be done in May and then I think we'll stay out of higher education for a little while.
I added a few pictures to the kids' Shutterfly site. They're just from Halloween but it's something. Email me if you need the password.
I'll try to be better about updating this blog now that we're back in blogging season, but I'm not going to promise anything.
We've been pretty busy this fall. My new job is awesome. It took a while to adjust to traveling to 3 schools each day, but now that I'm used to it I really like it. It's nice to have a little break between each set of classes even if it is spent in the car.
The kids are doing really well. They've both been working on developing their vocabulary and Colin has started talking in full sentences lately. Gabby always has something interesting to say and has no qualms about ordering her parents around the house. We're still working on manners. Colin is working on potty training. He'll go all day without an accident as long as you watch him very carefully and put him on the potty every hour or so. Gabby was so much better about telling us when she needed to go but I guess that's the difference between boys and girls.
Matt just finished up a big project at work a couple of weeks ago and is busy working on papers for graduate school. He'll be done in May and then I think we'll stay out of higher education for a little while.
I added a few pictures to the kids' Shutterfly site. They're just from Halloween but it's something. Email me if you need the password.
I'll try to be better about updating this blog now that we're back in blogging season, but I'm not going to promise anything.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home