Damn the torpedos!
One of the most intriguing things about becoming a parent is that you develop a sudden interest of the bowel activity of other people--namely, your children. I think it is mostly out of necessity in monitoring the health of your child, but nevertheless I still find it a little strange. I don't think I've posted many poop stories--not lately at least--but I have two pretty good...or would that be bad...ones from this weekend that you might enjoy...or not. Read on if you dare.
Gabby usually poops everyday--sometimes twice. On Saturday she had a particularly large and solid poop. It was so dense in fact that it sunk straight to the bottom of the toilet and out of sight. Being an inquisitive child she always wants to see her poop before you flush the toilet, so like normal she jumped down off the potty after being wiped and looked for the poo. She couldn't see the poop and was puzzled. She asked, "Where'd my poop go?" Then she looked at Colin who was standing near by and asked, "Colin, you take my poop?" How do you explain that to a 2.5 year old?
Colin's poop story isn't as funny but I'll share anyway. We were cleaning up downstairs tonight and Matt noticed a distinct odor coming from Colin's direction. It was bath time anyway so we went upstairs to clean up and take a bath. Colin protested his diaper change but I got him cleaned up and headed to the bath. He loves the bath and insisted on sitting in the tub while it filled. Gabby came into the bathroom and I told her to get in the tub but she refused when she saw what Colin had done in the water. Apparently he'd flooded two tubes and only one made it out into the diaper.
Gabby usually poops everyday--sometimes twice. On Saturday she had a particularly large and solid poop. It was so dense in fact that it sunk straight to the bottom of the toilet and out of sight. Being an inquisitive child she always wants to see her poop before you flush the toilet, so like normal she jumped down off the potty after being wiped and looked for the poo. She couldn't see the poop and was puzzled. She asked, "Where'd my poop go?" Then she looked at Colin who was standing near by and asked, "Colin, you take my poop?" How do you explain that to a 2.5 year old?
Colin's poop story isn't as funny but I'll share anyway. We were cleaning up downstairs tonight and Matt noticed a distinct odor coming from Colin's direction. It was bath time anyway so we went upstairs to clean up and take a bath. Colin protested his diaper change but I got him cleaned up and headed to the bath. He loves the bath and insisted on sitting in the tub while it filled. Gabby came into the bathroom and I told her to get in the tub but she refused when she saw what Colin had done in the water. Apparently he'd flooded two tubes and only one made it out into the diaper.

1 Comments:
What!?! No photos? That would make a dandy shot for their graduation videos!
Post a Comment
<< Home