Sunday, October 01, 2006

Am I going to hell?

Going to church has become more of an adventure as of late. Gabrielle would rather wander around the church than sit in one pew for an entire hour. We've discovered that Saturday evening church goes much better than Sunday morning and sometimes the mass is shorter on Saturday. Last night was not the case however. We forgot that last night was the kick off to "CathedralFest" (think Oktoberfest with at church). Gabrielle did awesome through the whole mass and ate a half box of raisins and small bag of Goldfish. Anyway, mass ended up lasting an hour and half and Gabrielle was getting antsy toward then end. So I grabbed my iPod out of my purse and stuck the headphones in her ears. Luckily I have a playlist of children's songs so she listened to tunes for the last 5 minutes or so of mass. I got a couple of strange looks, but those same people would have looked if she had been screaming. It's not like she pays attention in church anyway so I hope God will forgive us for this one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

There's nothing wrong with a little appropriate music during church - how about a sing along CD of Children's church songs. ie Jesus Loves Me, Kumbaya, etc. The next thing you know it, you'll be blogging about Gabby wanting to join the church choir.

Insert Grandma warning here:
Be very careful with the volume on the ear pieces. I'm too old to learn American Sign language to talk to the grandkids.

7:46 AM  
Blogger RoxieNYC said...

Hilarious! I wish it wasn't inappropriate to take a picture of her like that in church. I think this is a good solution until she starts to sing to the songs. That could pose a problem.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home